Wednesday, January 9, 2013
A fire at 19 Churchill Road in Stoughton caused severe damage to the property, although there were no injuries.
The Sharon and Easton Fire Departments provided station coverage in Stoughton as fire crews in that town tended to a two-alarm fire Monday night. The blaze caused severe damage to a single family home in Stoughton Monday, according to Stoughton Fire Captain Bob O'Donnell. Group 4, under the command of Captain O'Donnell, responded to a report of a bedroom fire at 19 Churchill Ave. (side road off Lincoln St.) at 6:24 p.m. Jan. 7. The fire started in a first floor bedroom in the front of the home and spread to both levels. Upon arrival crews could see heavy smoke and fire showing from the front of the 1.5-story Cape style home, O'Donnell said. The three occupants home at the time were outside when crews arrived, O'Donnell said. There were no…
Wednesday, December 26, 2012
A two-alarm fire on Kenmore Road in Stoughton caused extensive damage, but there were no injuries.
Sharon fire officials aided the Stoughton Fire Department with a two-alarm fire that caused extensive damage to a Stoughton home on Christmas Eve, according to Stoughton Fire Department officials. The Stoughton Fire Department received a call at 9:13 p.m. on Dec. 24 for a fire at a single-story wood-frame dwelling at 38 Kenmore Road in Stoughton, SFD Captain Don Jasmin said. A fire on the first floor extended in to the attic space, according to Jasmin. The home has extensive damage, but there were no reported injuries to any of the home's occupants or to the first responders who were on scene, Jasmin said. The Stoughton Fire Department was led by Group 4 under the command of Deputy Chief Greg Goldberg and Captain Bob O'Donnell, according …
Saturday, September 1, 2012
A look at the top headlines in your town and the surrounding area for the week of August 26, 2012.
Two-Alarm Fire at Canton Home The cause of a two-alarm fire that ignited at a home on Chapman Street in Canton Tuesday night was the result of an accidental electrical issue, Canton Fire Chief Charles E. Doody said Wednesday. The fire broke out around 9 p.m. Tuesday, August 28, and caused fire damage to a basement electrical room. The two occupants who own the home were displaced as a result of the fire, though there were no injuries, Doody said. Read more by clicking here. *** 18-Wheeler Rolls Over on Route 24 On-Ramp in Stoughton The male driver of the tractor trailer was uninjured when his 18-wheeler carrying stainless steel rolled over just before getting on Route 24 northbound in Stoughton Monday afternoon, August 27. The 18-wheeler …
Saturday, April 28, 2012
Sharon Patch presents its top stories from the past week.
Friday: Thursday: Wednesday: Tuesday: Monday: Sunday: Saturday:
Monday, April 23, 2012
State fire marshal's office reminds public to dispose of ashes properly.
"Improper disposal of fireplace ashes" caused a Sharon house fire Saturday, the Massachusetts Fire Marshal's office said today. "In this case, the folks thought they had done everything right by dousing the embers with water, but did place them in a trash barrel with other materials placed next to the house," Public Information Officer Jennifer Mieth said. "It is amazing that fireplace embers can stay hot for several days even when they seem cool. It's important to place ashes in a metal container with a lid (and only the ashes, nothing else that can catch fire) Store that container a safe distance away from the house - not in the garage, under the porch or next to the house." Saturday's fire at 37 West Ridge Drive "started in the rear of …
Saturday, April 21, 2012
No one was home when the fire at 37 West Ridge Drive was reported.
A house fire displaced a Sharon family this afternoon. The residents of 37 West Ridge Drive weren't home when a neighbor reported the fire, at 2:55 p.m., Fire Chief James Wright said at the scene. The family indicated it would stay with friends following the incident, he said. The blaze "started in the rear of the building" and caused "substantial fire damage to the rear rooms, and then heat and smoke throughout the rest" of the house, Wright said. The fire's cause is under investigation, he said. Sharon, Stoughton, Canton and Foxborough firefighters, a Mansfield ambulance, and investigators from the Massachusetts Fire Marshal's office responded to the fire. A Canton firefighter showed signs of heat-related issues and was taken by …
Saturday, March 24, 2012
Sharon firefighters were among those assisting at the scene.
Five members of a Stoughton family and their four dogs escaped a fire that significantly damaged the rear of their home Saturday. The 2:01 p.m. fire at 49 Winfisky Drive, off Bay Road and near Cobb's Corner, drew Stoughton Police, as well as firefighters from Stoughton, Sharon, Avon, Canton and Easton. "The first arriving companies had heavy fire and heavy black smoke coming from the home. You could see it from approximately half a mile away," Stoughton Fire Chief Mark Dolloff said. "The fire traveled throughout the attic area [and] also through the whole basement area. [Firefighters] had to open up a lot of walls to find the fire throughout the building." The fire's cause is unknown, and remains under investigation, Dolloff said. Dolloff …
Tuesday, November 8, 2011
Here are the highlights of the Sharon Fire log.
Two house fires, one on Sharon and the other in Foxborough, highlighted the end of last week for the Sharon Fire Department. Last Friday, at 12:54 p.m., firefighters extinguished a smoldering fire in the basement at 380 North Main St. There was some smoke damage throughout the home. Saturday, at 2:06 a.m., firefighters responded to a two-alarm fire at 64 North High St., Foxborough. The home has extensive damage to the second floor and roof. Here are the other highights of the Sharon Fire log for Oct. 30 to Nov. 5, courtesy of the Sharon Fire Department: On Sunday, Oct. 30 at 3:11 p.m. EMS responded to 213 South Main St., and provided first aid and checked for injuries. At 8:04 p.m., firefighters investigated a reported carbon monoxide …
Monday, October 3, 2011
Here are the highlights of the Sharon Fire log.
A house fire, and a person stuck in an elevator, top the latest Sharon Fire log. The fire happened at 4:54 p.m. Friday, at 2 Lyndon Road. No one was injured, although a cat died, Fire Chief James Wright said. And on Tuesday, Sept. 27, at 9:01 a.m., firefighters helped someone stuck in a stalled elevator at 181 Pond St., Sharon High School. Here are the other highlights of the Sharon Fire log for Sept. 25 to Oct. 1, courtesy of the Sharon Fire Department: On Sunday, Sept. 25 at 9:28 a.m., EMS responded to 95 Mountain St., and provided first aid and checked for injuries. At 12:43 p.m., EMS responded to 51 Hixson Farm Road Unit 262, and provided basic life support. At 3:33 p.m., EMS responded to 6 Eagle Drive, and provided advanced life …