- Today: Scattered showers. Areas of fog before 11am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a high near 76. South wind 8 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Tonight: Showers and possibly a thunderstorm before 2am, then showers likely. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Areas of fog after 11pm. Low around 49. South wind 6 to 13 mph becoming west after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 37 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
Sharon Eagles Sports Today (Weather Pending)
- Boys' Soccer @ North Attleboro, 3:45 p.m.
- Girls Soccer vs. North Attleboro, 3:45 p.m.
- Field Hockey vs. North Attleboro, 3:45 p.m.
Sharon Fire Department Fire Safety Open House
October is National Fire Prevention Month, and Papa Gino’s
is teaming up with Sharon Fire Department to help educate the community
on fire safety and prevention. For the past 18 years, New England Fire Departments and Papa Gino’s have helped more than 2 million people by supplying educational materials and free pizza at fire safety open houses.
The Sharon Fire Department is holding a Fire Safety Open House at Sharon Fire Department, 92 S. Main Street on Wednesday, Oct. 9 from 3 pm - 5 pm. Stop by to get some fire safety tips and a free slice of Papa Gino’s pizza.
Ray Smith performs at EPOCH of Sharon
EPOCH Senior Healthcare of Sharon, 259 Norwood St., will host performer Ray Smith on Thursday, Oct. 10 at 2:30 p.m. Smith’s keyboard and vocal performance will include all the old-time hits from the ‘40s.
This event is free and open to the public. For more information or to R.S.V.P., call
Health Department Flu Vaccine ScheduleThe next flu clinic will be held on Oct. 10 at the health department.Please
remember to bring your insurance card/s as the Health Department is able to be
reimbursed by some Health Plans. To expedite the process, download the insurance form at “townofsharon.net” and complete the “flu consent form” on the Home Page and bring it with you to the clinic.
For ages 5 and over and there is no charge for the vaccine.