The annual Sharon Town Meeting will take place on Tuesday, May 21, and officials in town have posted seats that will be open this year
And while the election may be a few months away, nomination papers are now available for pickup at the Sharon Town Clerk's office on South Main Street.
The last day to take out nomination papers, according to Sharon officials, will be Friday, March 29 at 12 p.m.
Papers must be submitted to the Board of Registrars of Voters for certification of names by 5 p.m. on Tuesday, April 2
For more information, residents are encouraged to contact the Town Clerk’s Office at 781-784-1500, ext. 1201.
Open Seats for the 2013 Election
- 1 Member Board of Selectmen – 3 year term
- 1 Member Board of Assessors – 3 year term
- 2 Members School Committee – 3 year term
- 1 Member Planning Board – 5 year term
- 2 Trustees of Public Library – 3 year term
- 1 Trustee of Public Library – 1 year term
- 1 Housing Authority – 5 year term
Get the full results of the 2012 Annual Sharon Town Election.