.

Tossed Cigarette Caused Lakeview Pavillion Blaze, Report Says

The huge fire rendered the venue a total loss.

This 3-alarm fire on April 5 destroyed the Lakeview Pavilion in Foxborough. Credit: Foxborough Fire Department
This 3-alarm fire on April 5 destroyed the Lakeview Pavilion in Foxborough. Credit: Foxborough Fire Department
An improperly discarded cigarette caused a huge blaze in April that destroyed the Lakeview Pavillion wedding venue in Foxborough, according to a new report.

The Sun Chronicle reported the Foxborough Fire Department made the determination this week.

The 3-alarm fire last month broke out while a wedding was happening at the facility, completely destroying the popular wedding venue, leaving it a total loss.

It was unclear who the cigarette belonged too.

Original reports said they believed the fire may have started outside the venue after employees said flames were coming from mulch recently put down on the property.

The owners have said they are planning on rebuilding the venue.
JF May 25, 2014 at 10:14 AM
they took ashtrays out of cars, and unfortunately this I guess is the result. Every car should have a damn ashtray. Then people won't have to flick their smokes out the window. Seems like common sense but there is no common sense these days.
Jarlath Crowe May 29, 2014 at 07:26 AM
Then, just try to quit smoking, as I have done many years ago.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »