A 3-alarm fire heavily damaged the Lakeview Pavilion in Foxborough Saturday night while a wedding was happening at the facility.
The building was a total loss.
Fire officials told the Boston Globe it was a discarded cigarette that sparked the blaze that destroyed the popular wedding facility.
A wedding was happening at the venue when the fire started just before 7 p.m. Saturday night. None of the guests were injured.
Jerry Cibley was officiating the wedding Saturday night. Cibley told WHDH, 7-News he had just pronounced the couple husband and wife and everyone had walked down the aisle when they thought they saw smoke.
WCVB-TV, Channel 5 is reporting Lakeview Pavilion’s owner will work to help relocate upcoming events and help customers impacted by the fire.