5 Things to do on Martin Luther King Jr Day Near Sharon MA
In recognition of Martin Luther King Jr Day, many people are off from work tomorrow. It's a great opportunity to do something special with your family. Here are 5 suggestions for things to do on Martin Luther King Jr Day near Sharon MA:
1. The Children's Museum in Easton, tel: 508-230-3789is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. with special activities from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Join in on the interactive art project "Build a Better World". Design and build a super-sized town using Legos and other materials. Be a city planner and decide what buildings are need; be an architect and decide what the buildings will look like. Work with other participants to build a great community!
2. The Village Toy Shop in Canton, tel: 781-821-9374, has a free activity between 12 to 2 p.m. to make your own MLK friendship bracelet. Use the Loopdedoo bracelet machine to design your own.
3. Sharon Friends of Conservation will have their annual Martin Luther King Day Hike at 1 p.m. followed by hot cider and bagels! Park at 282 or 284 Mountain Street and walk along Mountain Street to Borderland State Park's Tisdale site. Then you may choose to return to Mountain Street or go through the woods via the Granite Hills Trail upper loop, Friends Trail and Morse loop. Call 781-784-4533 (Rita) or 781-784-4625 (Kurt) for more information.
4. Winter Skate at Patriot Place, tel: 508-203-2100 is open from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Monday, Jan. 21. On-site skate rentals, concessions and bathrooms are available and parking is free.
5. Barnes & Noble Bookstore at the Walpole Mall, tel: 508-668-1303 has a special story at 10:30 a.m. in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. They will be reading "It's Okay to Be Different" by Todd Parr, and other stories.
Enjoy the day!