Today's Forecast From the National Weather Service
- Today: Patchy fog before 11am. Otherwise, partly sunny, with a high near 70. Light southwest wind increasing to 5 to 9 mph in the morning.
- Tonight: A chance of showers, mainly after 10pm. Patchy fog after 2am. Otherwise, cloudy, with a low around 58. South wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
Sharon Eagles Sports Today
- Boys' Soccer @ Canton, 5 p.m.
- Girls' Soccer @ Canton, 7 p.m.
- Golf @ Hockomock League Championship
Dan Hart to Perform at EPOCH of Sharon
Dan Hart will perform at EPOCH Senior Healthcare of Sharon, 259 Norwood St., on Thursday, Oct. 12 at 2:30 p.m.
Hart entertains with his own unique mix of folk, rock and comedy and has toured 30 states and eight countries.
This event is free and open to the public. For more information or to R.S.V.P., call 781-784-6781.
Chinese Exchange Students Visit Sharon
Last week, Sharon High School welcomed ten Chinese exchange students and their chaperones with a reception, songs and a Chinese dance presentation, the first of a four part series sponsored by a grant from The Sharon Education Foundation. Welcoming comments by Cathy Collins, SHS library director and organizer of the event, Principal Jose Libano and Superintendent Tim Farmer, were followed by musical renditions from the SHS Chinese club and individual comments by each of the exchange students using their American names. George stated that "he is grateful to be in a beautiful town like Sharon and hopes one day to go to an American university." Julie noted “she marvels at the beautiful blue sky and sun.” The students’ chaperone said that he liked Lake Massapoag, the farms and parks. The group is looking forward to a wonderful school year and is thankful for the hosting families and opportunity to study at Sharon High School.
Pediatric First Aid Class
Join Sharon Cooperative School at 29 North Main Street on Oct. 17 at 6:30 p.m. for a first aid class. This pediatric first aid class is a two year certification for caregivers, teachers and parents. The class costs $40.00 and is open to all.
The class includes training on emergencies, choking, shock and trauma, burns and bone injuries, poisoning, bites and stings, heat and cold emergencies, illnesses and special conditions and child abuse and neglect.