"Five Things You Need To Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
Is there something missing from the list? Add it in the comment section.
1. , which has a restaurant in Shaw's Plaza, is holding the Oreo Coolatta 100 Summer Adventures and Sweepstakes. Learn more here.
2. Ramadan began Friday and ends Aug. 18. Learn more here.
3. Which book that you've read this summer would you recommend? Share it in the comments section.
4. This upcoming Sunday is Pastor Helen Nablo's last one at the .
5. Check out Sharon Patch's newest bloggers: and .