"Five Things You Need To Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Attend the East Elementary School PTO meeting
The PTO meets at 7:30 p.m.
2. Help plan Sharon's Independence Day festivities
The East Elementary School School Council meets at 6:30 p.m.
3. Donate to the Friends of the Sharon Public Library's Book Sale
Donations to the Friends of the Book Sale may be left in the library's Cynthia B. Fox Community Room.
4. Attend the Sharon Middle School Spring Orchestra Concert
The Spring Orchestra Concert is at 7 p.m.
5. Hear former Governor Dukakis
Former Massachusetts Gov. Michael Dukakis and his wife Kitty will be the keynote speakers at a program, "Everyday Heroes: The Power of Truth, Knowledge and History," at 7 p.m. at the Israel Arbeiter Gallery of the Kehillah Schechter Academy in Norwood. For reservations, visit www.ksa-ne.org.