Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. The rides through Sharon. Hang out around Moose Hill or at (where there's a water stop) from about 8:30 to noon to support the riders as the support cancer research and awareness.
2. annual farm day runs from noon to 4 p.m. There will be a petting zoo, pony rides, ice cream from Crescent Ridge and corn on the cob from , and a hay wagon ride.
3. performs at 3 p.m. at , the latest in this summer's Concerts in the Park series.
4. Sharon road bike group rides depart from Sharon Center (Billings and North Main streets) every Sunday morning at 7:45. These rides are for experienced group cyclists. The group does a relaxed pace of about 16-17 mph for about 35 miles. A faster group heads out at 7:30 a.m.
And, today's question of the day:
- Which book are you reading?