The Print Production Coordinator (PPC) is the main point of contact for internal and external customers (US Retail store locations, Outside Salesforce, external print vendors/contractors). The PPC is ultimately responsible for ensuring that all orders coming in and leaving the closed door print facility are done right, the first time and exceed customer expectations. In addition to providing superior customer service, they are constantly negotiating (internally and externally) in order to manage competing priorities to ensure that orders are produced right and on time.
General Purpose: To ensure all print orders coming into the Production Center are properly set up, produced, package and done on time, while exceeding customer expectations.
- Main point of contact for internal and external customers, production team and Staples outside account managers; Excellent phone and communication skills; Ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Seeking out opportunities to build new and or stronger relationships with internal and external partners including sales teams and USR regional teams
- Regularly communicates with the customer, sales team, account manager, USR stores and Production Center team throughout the production process to keep them informed of status, to solicit and resolve inquiries and complaints, to obtain approval of materials such as artwork or proofs, and to procure information and materials needed to process orders completely and correctly
- Ensures shipping and delivery meets customers timing expectation
- Conducts customer satisfaction follow-up calls and make calls to high volume or opportunity customers.
- Monitors progress of projects throughout production, confers with production center personnel
- Contracts services with outside vendors through the proper channels, and alters production schedule and job order to expedite timely processing of projects in accordance with the customers’ requirements and
- Staples production center standards.
- Maintains log of projects in production and updates this log daily to reflect current project
- Meet with the GM and operations team to set sales goals and implement plans to increase sales and customer service levels.
- Identifies and implements ways to grow sales and margin; decrease shrink by submitting accurate orders to production.
- Uses production workflow systems to accurately bill customers in a timely fashion.
- 2-4 years experience in a Digital Copy & Print or Manufacturing environment
- 2-4 years experience in a Customer Service/Sales environment
- Demonstrated ability in a position that required solid negotiation and relationship building skills
- Attention to detail a must; Sound organizational skills
- Experience managing multiple priorities
- Ability to read & interpret instructions, identify problems/missing information and address them proactively
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office (Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word), Acrobat, Adobe Creative Suite, Publisher.
- Knowledge of copy and print
- Experience using technology to open a disk, CD, Zip and print a document in the formats listed above.
- Able to evaluate projects & provide input on productivity & quality improvements.
We need a nanny for our 2 children in Sharon. And we're looking now! Laundry: Laundry. Comfortable With Pets: We have two cats. Errands / groceries: As needed. Has Own Car: A reliable, dependable and safe vehicle. Light Housekeeping: Keep house picked up, dishes, counter and vacuum . Pick-up or Drop-off: Daily Monday through Friday. Schedule Details: Each day begins at 2:30 p.m., each day ends between 6 p.m. and 9 p.m. We are looking for someone who is caring, who has great references, who is understanding of children's needs.
Who you'll care for:
- 2 Children aged 7-11 years
We're looking for:
- Comfortable with pets
- Light Housekeeping
- Homework help
- Errands/grocery shopping
- Can pick-up/drop-off
- Has a car
EPOCHSenior Living of Sharon is hiring Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA’s) for the following:
- 11pm-7am (Part-time, 3 days per week)
- Per diem hours available on all shifts 7 a.m.- 3 p.m., 3 p.m. - 11 p.m. & 11 p.m. - 7 a.m.
- We require valid CNA Certificate and 6 months experience preferred. Must be certified in MA.
- Coordinates and oversees scheduling and workflow of Teller staff.
- Ensures staff compliance with bank policies and procedures.
- May train and coach Teller staff as needed.
- Ensures appropriate branch cash supply, orders currency, prepares currency shipments, verifies money shipped to the branch.
- Opens and closes vault daily, controls cash in vault, distributes daily cash to Tellers. Approves Teller transactions as appropriate.
- Supervises branch proof, teller recap, and reporting.
- Meets teller sales referral goals and actively participates in sales promotions.
- In addition, may perform daily Teller functions. Position reports to Teller Manager.
- High School degree or equivalent required
- At least 1 year teller experience
- Previous sales/customer service experience in a retail environment preferred
- Must successfully complete teller assessment
Hours and Work Schedule
- Hours per Week: 40
- Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.