- Today: Patchy fog before 7am. Otherwise, sunny, with a high near 75. Northwest wind 3 to 7 mph.
- Tonight: Patchy fog after 5am. Otherwise, mostly clear, with a low around 54. West wind around 5 mph.
Sharon Eagles Sports Today
- Boys' Soccer @ Foxboro, 3:45 p.m.
- Girls' Soccer vs. Foxboro, 3:45 p.m.
- Field Hockey vs. Foxboro, 3:30 p.m.
- Cross Country vs. Foxboro, 3:30 p.m.
- Volleyball @ Foxboro, 4:45 p.m.
Next Health Department Flu Vaccine Clinic
The next session will be Oct. 1 at 9 a.m. at Temple Sinai. For ages 5 and over and there is no charge for the vaccine. Please remember to bring your insurance card/s as the Health Department is able to be reimbursed by some Health Plans.
To expedite the process, download the insurance form at “townofsharon.net” and complete the “flu consent form” on the Home Page and bring it with you to the clinic.
Yellow Dot Program to Launch in Sharon
Norfolk County Sheriff Michael G. Bellotti will be at the Sharon Adult Center at 11 a.m. on Oct. 1, joining Police Chief Joseph Bernstein, Fire Chief James Wright, Council on Aging Executive Director Norma Simons Fitzgerald and other public officials to launch his free-of-charge Yellow Dot program. The program enhances safety for elderly drivers by placing a medical information packet in the glove compartment of their car. If they are involved in accident, emergency first responders will notice the Yellow Dot program decal on their rear windshield and look for the packet. This allows them to treat any injured parties with increased certainty and quickness.
Selectmen Meeting Tonight
The Sharon Board of Selectmen will meet at 7 p.m. on Oct. 1 at the Sharon Community Center. At 7:30 p.m. there will be a discussion and presentation concerning the latest proposal of a residential development at Rattlesnake Hill.