1. The Jewish Holiday of Rosh Hashannah begins on Sunday evening. There will be no school for students and staff on Monday and Tuesday.
2. The Reebok 8th Annual Road Race will kick off at 8:30 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 15, an event that begins at Reebok World Headquarters in Canton. At 8:30 a.m. is the kids 1 mile fun run, 8:55 a.m. with the wheelchair race and at 9 a.m. the 5K and 10K begin. Tee shirts for the first 500 participants. Proceeds support local area public services and non-profits.
3. Also on Saturday, at 7 p.m., is the new season for the Canton Public Library "Open Book Coffeehouse" with musical guests 'Hungrytown'. It's folk music with style and substance.
4. There will be a walk in the Blue Hills Reservation on Sunday at 1 p.m. with the Blue Hills Walking Club. Get ready for a four-mile loop around Ponkapoag Pond. It's a moderate walk with some hils. Meet at the Ponkapoag Golf Course, 2167 Washington Street.
5. How about doing some line dancing at St. Gerard's Church? The event will take place at 1:30 p.m. today, sponsored by the Council on the Aging.
6. The weekend is here, so let's find the Best Gas Prices in the Canton area. Blue Hill Express wins again with regular at $3.82 per gallon.