1. The Cottage Street School gets a visit from WHDH-TV's Meteorologist Jeremy Reiner who will bring wealth of knowledge and experience in weather forecasting back home to New England. A native of the Berkshires, Jeremy has always been fascinated with the New England climate. Whether it was a raging nor'easter or a chilly sea breeze in April, Jeremy loved it all. So much so, that he attended Lyndon State college in Vermont where he received a B.S. degree in meteorology in 1993.
2. There's Family Literacy Roundtable at the Sharon Public Library from 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. This program is open to librarians and library workers. November is Family Literacy month. Join your fellow children's librarians to discuss early and family literacy. We'll talk a bit about Every Child who is Ready to Read as well as what libraries are offering. Participants can bring their family literacy program successes and ideas to the table. Location: Cynthia B. Fox Community Room. Contact: Danielle Margarida email@example.com
3. From 7:00 - 9:00 p.m. there is a Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children (WISC) testing at the Sharon Middle School, 75 Mountain Street, Sharon, MA in the second floor conference room. The WISC test developed by Dr. David Wechsler, is an individually administered intelligence test for children between the ages of 6 and 16 inclusive that can be completed without reading or writing. The WISC takes 65–80 minutes to administer and generates an IQ score which represents a child’s general cognitive ability.
4. You may have noticed as you drive through your own neighborhood, many homes now have solar panels on their roofs. Although it may be costly at first, these solar panels along with other solar ways will help our environment and save you money in the long run. From 5:00 - 7:30 p.m. there is a meeting at the Sharon Public Library: 'Solar Solutions for Sharon Homeowners.' Come learn how you can benefit from going solar! Thousands of Massachusetts homeowners are saving AND making money by going solar! Talk to one of our solar experts to see if you qualify to go solar for as little as $0 down and a low monthly payment! Please pre-register at munrosolar.com. Location: Cynthia B. Fox Community Room. Contact: Lindsay Josephs (508) 536-2178 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
5. There is a PTSO Meeting at Sharon High School from 7:00 - 8:30 p.m. The PTSO has been committed to providing member community health centers (CHCs) with effective healthcare technology services and solutions that enhance patient care and safety while maximizing business process efficiency. As a non-profit 509(a)(3) corporation, our collaborative clinical and patient management systems, technological infrastructure, and support result in integrated systems that facilitate informed and comprehensive care delivery. Through shared, cost-effective technology services, PTSO lowers the cost barrier, enabling CHCs to quickly and successfully implement health information technology.