Week in Review: Sharon and NASA Collaborate; Police Investigate Explosive Bottle
A look back at the week in Sharon news.
With the start of the school year underway for Sharon students, officials are working on a new initiative that will allow all elementary students to take part in a NASA-sponsored astronaut program.
In other school news, Sharon Public Schools are adopting new state nutritional standards, while the new head of the Striar Hebrew Academy prepared to settle into his new role.
In business news, Trader Joe's is getting ready to open right next door in Foxborough, while a group of Sharon residents enjoyed the opening of a new coffee shop in Walple.
In breaking news, Sharon Police and Massachusetts State Police this week investigated what was deemed to be an explosive bottle that was found in a mailbox, and Sharon fire crews assisted in a Canton fire Tuesday night.
This week's talking points:
- SOUND OFF: Mitt Romney and the Republican Convention
- SOUND OFF: 'Warm Love' Vs. 'Tough Love' and Respect?
- Where Did You Go This Summer?
- How Would You Address Underage Drinking at Country Fest, Other Concerts?
- Would You Turn Off Your Cellphone During Dinner for a Discount?
- Have you read 'Fifty Shades of Grey'?