Ways to Celebrate St. Patrick's Day in the Sharon Area
If you're looking to stay nearby this holiday weekend, here's a roundup of how to take advantage.
St. Patrick's Day weekend is upon us, and if you're looking for ways to celebrate in the Sharon area, we've got you covered.
First, be sure to check out Mick Morgan's Annual St. Patrick's Day 5K Road Race to benefit HESSCO Elder Services. The event runs from 9 to 11 a.m. on Saturday, March 16. Cost is $25 for pre-registration $30 the day of the race. All proceeds from the race will be used to support HESSCO's programs for local seniors and those who care for them.
- Friday, March 15: Boston Police Gaelic Column of Pipes and Drums at lunchtime and Jack Glennon and the Fogs at 3 p.m.
- Saturday, March 16: Pre-St. Patty's Irish Karaoke with Michael Foley at 8:30 p.m.
- Sunday, March 17: Think Irish at 2 p.m. and Silk Road at 7 p.m.
It's hard to mention St. Patrick's Day without bringing the Irish Cultural Centre into the discussion. The ICC, located in Canton, will be brimming with activity all weekend. Here's a quick roundup of some of the events being held at the centre:
- Friday, March 15: U2 Tribute Band, "The Joshua Tree" Performs at 8 p.m.
- Saturday, March 16: ICC St. Patrick's Day Celebration at 1 p.m.
- Sunday, March 17: ICC St. Patrick's Day Celebration at 9 a.m.
- Sunday, March 17: The ICC's First St. Patrick's Day 5K
Other ways to celebrate St. Patrick's Day in the nearby area:
Head over to the Halfway Cafe in Cobbs Corner. On St. Patrick's Day, the local favorite restaurant will be hosting the live music of Max Courtney most of the afternoon from 2 to 5 p.m.
The Canton Junction Sports Pub will also be hosting a St. Patrick's Day party on Sunday, Marcy 17. The event will feature a Nicky Mental featuring his "Famous Dirty Limerick Contest" from 5 to 8 p.m. Then, from 8 p.m. to close, DJ B3V will perform. There will be no cover charge, and attendees can enjoy a traditional Irish dinner for only $10.95.
Feel like staying in this St. Patrick's Day? Try a do-it-yourself Irish night with food from Shaw's Supermarket. Take advantage of deals on corned beef, cabbage, carrots and potatoes, all the necessities for an Irish meal.
Know of any nearby St. Patrick's Day events we forgot to list here? Mention them in the comments section below!