Sharon Selectmen to Meet; Discuss Snow Control, Book Fair
Other agenda items include discussions of a one-day liquor license, and the Purchase and Sale for acquisition of land off Richards Avenue.
The Sharon Board of Selectmen will meet tonight, Oct. 9, at 7 p.m to discuss a wide variety of topics from snow and ice removal to an upcoming book fair in November.
Among agenda items to be discussed is the board's consideration to approve salt and rock salt for snow and ice control should it be needed for the upcoming winter.
In addition, the Board will address a banner request by the Striar Hebrew Academy of Sharon for an upcoming book fair to tak place Nov. 12-19.
The full agenda, as it appears on the Sharon town website, as as follows:
SECTION I. – APPOINTMENTS
- 7:00 PM – Taal McLean: One-day liquor license
- 7:05 PM – Associate Town Counsel Lisa Whelan – Discussion of Warrant Articles including bylaw changes for December 3, 2012 Fall Town Meeting
SECTION II. - GENERAL BUSINESS
- Consider approval of the Regular Session and Executive Session Minutes of September 19, 2012
A. Copy of Regular Session Minutes of September 19, 2012
- Consider reopening and closing Warrant for December 3, 2012 Special Town Meeting, approve schedule and discuss sequencing of articles
A. List of Articles
- Consider appointing Selectmen representatives to Capital Outlay Committee and Priorities Committee
- Consider appointing member to the Zoning Board of Appeals
- Consider approval of banner request by the Striar Hebrew Academy of Sharon for the Book Fair November12 – 19, 2012 (1st position)
- Consider signing Purchase and Sale for acquisition of land off Richards Ave by the ConCom/CPC
- Consider signing Warrant for November 6, 2012 Election
- Consider signing contract from July 1, 2011 – June 30, 2014 with Fire Fighters Union
- Consider approval of Salt and Rock Salt for snow and ice control
A. Copy of memo from Liz Curley, DPW Business Manager
- Consider voting to discontinue Johnson Drive old way and approve new layout and refer the matter to the Planning Board
A. Copy of memo from Associate Town Counsel Lisa Whelan
- Consider approval of banner request by the Cottage Street Elementary PTO for the Fun Fair from March 18 – March 25, 2013 (1st position)
- Consider voting to move into Executive Session to discuss: Collective Bargaining –SMEA Negotiations, Comcast franchise license renewal and consideration of execution of Comcast license renewal.
Other Boards to Meet This Week: