As part of the meeting, the Committee will approve acceptance of a xylophone from F.A.M.E. to East Elementary, valued at $535, as well as a gift valued at $8,000 from Sharon Alternative Elementary School Association, Inc., among other issues and items.
Below is the full agenda for tonight's meeting, which can also be found on the Sharon Public School website.
Public Feedback (approx. 7-7:15 p.m.)
A. Open Forum
C. Student Advisory Committee (meet with full board)
Sharon Public Schools Spotlight (approx. 7:15 - 8 p.m.)
A. Science Curricular Review
DECISION ITEMS (approx. 8-8:10 p.m.)
A. Consent Agenda
1. Approve Meeting Minutes - Open and Executive Session of Feb. 13.
2. Approve Home Schooling Request
3. Approve acceptance of gift valued at $535 (xylophone from F.A.M.E. to East Elementary)
4. Approve acceptance of a gift valued at $8,000 from Sharon Alternative Elementary School Association, Inc.
5. Approve Ratification of the Agreement between the Sharon School Committee and the Sharon School Instructional Assistants Association.
6. Approve the following policy recommendations:
- Delete -- GBAA, Sexual Harassment Policy (same as ACAB which remains); GBD, School Committee-Staff Communications (same as BHC which remains)
- Revise -- GA, Personnel Policies Goals; GBA, Equal Employment Opportunity; GBEA, Staff Ethics/Conflict Of Interest; GBEC, Drug-Free Workplace, GBGB, Staff Health; GBI, Staff Participation In Political Activities; GBJ, Personnel Records ; GBK, Staff Complaints And Grievances; GCBB, Employment Of Principals; GCRD, Tutoring For Pay; GCS, Professional Publishing;
- No Change -- GCCC, Professional Staff Family And Medical Leave; GDDDB, Holidays
DISCUSSION (approx. 8:10 - 8:45 p.m.)
A. Fiscal Year 2014 Budget - Grants & Revolving Fund Fees
ANNOUNCEMENTS & UPDATES (approx. 7:50 - 8:10 p.m.)
A. Subcommittees (Budget & Policy) & Town Committees (Recreation Advisory, Audit, Priorities, Capital Outlay, & Standing Building)