The Sharon Fire Department held an open house on Wednesday, Oct. 10, to celebrate Fire Prevention Week.
Papa Gino's supplied the pizza, plastic fire hats were given to all the children along with goody bags and Sparky the Fire Dog was on hand to pose for pictures with the kids.
Fire Prevention Week runs from Oct. 7-13. This year's theme is focused on home fire escape planning and having two ways out of every room in your home. In a fire, if the first way out is blocked, it's important to have another way out to get to safety.
Some fire facts:
- Don't underestimate the speed and power of fire. Countdown to safety, have two ways out so that you can get out fast.
- Plan ahead and create your home fire escape plan. Make your home escape ready so your family can leave quickly and safely if fire strikes.
- Keep smoke alarms in good working order.
- Know what to do if smoke or fire prevents you from exiting.
- When you hear the smoke alarm, get out and stay out.
Make fire safety part of your everyday activities.