Here are Five Things You Need to Know Today in Sharon, July 19
Enjoy a book discussion group at Sharon's Community Center Beach.
"Five Things You Need To Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
Is there something missing from the list? Add it in the comment section.
1. Up for music today? EPOCH Senior Healthcare of Sharon hosts Rick Olsen, "The Man of a Thousand Songs," at 2:30 p.m.
2. Enjoy a book discussion at a beach today. The Sharon Public Library starts its Beach Blanket Book Group, a drop-in book discussion group for adults at the Community Center Beach, this afternoon. At 2 p.m., the group will discuss "Shadows of a Down East Summer," by Lea Wait. At 7 p.m., the group discusses "The Summer We Read Gatsby," by Danielle Ganek.
3. Visit the Sharon Adult Center and Council on Aging today. The adult center's Lakeside Gallery will hold an opening reception for its newest exhibit, "Echoes of a Bygone Era," featuring work by Sharon artists Barbara Seligman and Liane Fisher, from 7 to 9 p.m.
4. The Sharon Conservation Commission meets at 7:45 p.m. at the Sharon Community Center. A proposed solar project is on the agenda.
5. Catch Sharon Patch soon for a preview of Sunday's Jazz Echo concert.