Five Things You Need to Know: Wednesday, August 22: National Grandparents Day
Today is National Grandparents Day and we're asking what makes your grandparents special?
1. Today is National Grandparents' Day. If you have a grandparent or a senior friend of the family, be sure to celebrate them today. Our seniors are one of our greatest assets and have so much to teach us. If you don't have a senior to celebrate today, consider contacting your local senior center to see if there is a senior you could "adopt" in your town. Give a shout out to your grandparents in the comment section.
2. The Boston Children's Hospital will be holding a blood drive at the Stoughton Striar YMCA, 445 Central St. from 1-6 p.m. Positive ID is required. To make an appointment, log onto halfpints.childrenshospital.org and the sponsor code for the drive is YMCASTOUGH or call Mary Coulter-Bennett at 781-784-2016. ext. 229.
3. Peek A Boo Playschool is holding open registration for the 2012-2013 school year. The program is for toddlers ages 18 to 30 months. For more information, click here.
4. Are you a big reader? Do you love to run?You're in luck - our new Patch Book Club discussion this week is about a book on running, and one that you should check out soon if you haven't.
5. Did you pick this week as your vacation? If you did, you are lucking out with the weather. Today, it will be mostly sunny with a high of 82 with a low of 61 at night, according to weather.com.