Dunkin' Donuts Launches New Mobile App
The Canton-based coffee and baked-goods chain has offered a new way customers to pay for products and obtain Dunkin-related gifts.
If a cup of Dunkin' Donuts coffee is your thing, you now can now "run on Dunkin'" more quickly than before.
The Canton-based coffee and baked-goods chain has launched a free new app for the iPhone, iPod Touch and Android, according to a report Thursday on InternetRetailer.com.
The App allows customers to pay for food, beverages and other products at Dunkin' Donuts stores throughout the USA. Users will also have the chance to send virtual gift cards through text, email and Facebook Connect, according to the report.
The Dunkin' App is available in the App Store and through Google Play Store, and allows customers to do the following:
- Purchase a new mobile Dunkin’ Donuts Card, add money to an existing card, and view all previous card transactions.
- Buy Dunkin’ Donuts products with the Dunkin’ App by tapping the mobile Dunkin’ Donuts Card and presenting the screen to the crew member to be scanned.
- Send Dunkin' Donuts cards to friends, family, or colleagues via email, text, or Facebook. Dunkin’ Donuts is now the only national coffee retailer to offer people all of these options for sending an mGift, according to the report.
- Locate the nearest Dunkin’ Donuts. A detailed restaurant locator makes it easy to find directions to and information about local Dunkin’ Donuts restaurants, including store hours, in-store Wi-Fi, and drive-thru availability.
- Find nutritional information.
- Link to Dunkin’ Donuts’ social media communities, such as Facebook and Twitter.
The move comes just days after the company announced an effort to branch out into other parts of the country.
Will you use the new app?