About 10 Percent Of Sharon Still Out
Remaining outages are the 'most complex situations,' Puritz says.
About 10 percent of Sharon remained without electricity Monday night, and NSTAR has not indicated when those customers will be restored, Town Administrator Benjamin Puritz said.
Those 621 of NSTAR's 4,109 Sharon customers represent "the most complex situations due to either power lines structurally impacted by the storm or resting on the lines," Puritz said late Monday night.
Among the affected streets are Moose Hill, Mountain, Beach and parts of Morse Street, he said.
Puritz said an NSTAR representative told him 85 percent of the outages in Sharon were corrected. The remaining 15 percent represent 10 percent of the town.
NSTAR's website, meanwhile, said 1,574 of its 6,653 Sharon customers, or 23.66 percent, were without power as of 7 p.m.
"Crews will continue working around the clock until all customers are restored; concentrating first on making the repairs that will benefit the largest number of customers. Due to the extent of the damage and the large number of customers affected, many NSTAR customers currently without power could be out for several days," the utility wrote.
"We encourage customers whose electric service is affected to report it by calling us at 800-592-2000. We also urge people to stay away from all down wires and to report them to NSTAR and local emergency officials."
Puritz said Sharon's Department of Public Works had at least 17 people out and were "really able to keep up with it and keep open roadways." This work continued Monday.
Puritz said that any resident without power who feels they're in jeopardy should call Sharon Police, who will coordinate help with Sharon Civil Defense.