A Look Ahead: Prepare for Town Meeting
Looking for Sharon happenings this week? Here are some to consider.
Every Sunday, Sharon Patch will highlight some of the events happening during the coming week. So if you're looking for something fun or interesting to do, or a cause to support, you'll find some ideas right here.
- The 7th Annual Rev. Robert W. Bullock Memorial Lecture will be delivered by Paul F. Knitter at 7:30 p.m. in Our Lady of Sorrows Catholic Church. The title of his lecture is "Can a Christian Also Be a Buddhist?"
- The Sharon Finance Committee will hold an open warrant meeting at 8 p.m. at Sharon High School. Residents can ask questions and get information about the warrant articles to be considered at the May 7 annual town meeting.
- Sharon-Stoughton Hadassah’s 67th Annual Donor Dinner will be held at the Thorney Lea Golf Club in Brockton. Boutiques will be at 6 p.m., followed by dinner at 7:30 p.m.
- Sharon resident Gary Johnson, M.D., will present "Brain Matters," the next Conversations at the Meetinghouse, at 7 p.m. at the Unitarian Church of Sharon.
- Laughter Yoga will be held from 11 a.m. to noon at the Unitarian Church of Sharon. Admission is free for those bringing a canned good donation for the food pantry. Guests are asked to bring a water bottle, as laughter is dehydrating.
- The First Baptist Church of Sharon will show "Happy Feet" from 2 at 4 p.m. in its fellowship hall. Tickets are $5 per person, or $15 for family of three or more. The proceeds will support the church's upcoming mission trip to The Murrow Indian Children Home in Muskogee, Okla. Donations of AA batteries, children's vitamins and hair brushes are welcomed.