A Look Ahead: Board Meetings and Car Washes
Planning your week? Here are some Sharon happenings to consider.
Every Sunday, Sharon Patch will highlight some of the events happening during the coming week. So if you're looking for something fun or interesting to do, or a cause to support, you'll find some ideas right here.
- The Sharon Board of Selectmen meets at 7 p.m. at the Sharon Town Offices.
- The Sharon High School Theatre Company, in conjunction with the D'VAA Vocal Arts Academy, will present "The Little Prince," A Family Opera, from 7 to 9 p.m. Thursday and Friday at Sharon High School. Tickets are $10 and are available online at Brown Paper tickets: http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/236948
- Chat online with School Superintendent Timothy Farmer at 11 a.m. It's Sharon Patch's first monthly Fireside Chat with a local official. Submit questions to Michael.Gelbwasser@patch.com. And then join the chat on Friday. Details are here.
- The Moose Hill Wildlife Sanctuary will participate in Mass Audubon's 6th Annual Statewide Volunteer Day, from 9 a.m. to noon. Sixteen Mass Audubon wildlife sanctuaries from Cape Cod to the Berkshires will offer projects suitable for all ages and abilities, from kid-friendly work, such as planting seeds in a butterfly garden, to assisting with more strenuous activities, such as clearing and hauling brush. Volunteers are invited to bring a picnic lunch and explore the sanctuaries.
- The Rotary Club of Sharon participates in Service Above Self Day, building a handicapped access ramp at the Ilsa Marks Food Pantry in Stoughton.
- A car wash to benefit the Abundant Table Soup Kitchen in Norwood will be held from 10 a.m. to noon at Temple Kol Tikvah. Temple Kol Tikvah is sponsoring this event to raise money and awareness for Abundant Table, which offers dinners every Wednesday and Friday evening for those who are hungry. There is a suggested donation of $5.
- The Sharon High School girls lacrosse team's annual car wash and bake sale runs from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday at Sharon High. Admission is $5 per car.
- Temple Sinai of Sharon holds a Mitzvah Day, starting at 9 a.m.