5 Things, Oct. 8: Apple Picking, Explore Borderland State Park
No school today, it's Columbus Day!
1. The Sharon Council on the Aging and Sharon Public Schools will be closed today in celebration of Columbus Day.
2. The Fall Festival over at the Blue Hills Trailside Museum continues today with a celebration of fall. Live animal presentations, crafts, learn how to make apple cider and a yard sale to benefit the museum. Admission: $2 for member and $4 for non-member.
3. It's still not to late to go apple picking. There's Honey Pot Hill Orchards in Stow, Massachusetts. Contact: 978-562-5666 or the Tougas Family Farm in Northboro, Massachusetts. Look Out Farm in South Natick even has farm animals and a train that brings children to a play area on the grounds. Pick your own pumpkins, have fun in a corn maze, plenty of apples and hay rides.
4. Borderland State Park offers plenty of hiking and biking trails. Enjoy the fall foliage as well. For more information, call 508-238-6566
5. The Massachusetts Audubon Visual Arts Center in Canton is situated on a 124 acre wildlife sanctuary. Explore their trails and a new art exhibit. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.