5 Things, Oct 30: Only One More Day Until Halloween
The Mass Audubon is preparing for a new art show and are accepting admissions now.
The Sharon Schools are closed today. Power outages around town and fallen trees blocking some roadways.
1. At 11:30 a.m. the Sharon Council on Aging is taking a day trip to Walpole Mall.
2. From 3:45-5 p.m. come cheer on The Sharon High School Jr. Varsity Volleyball vs Norwood at Sharon High School. Then from 5-6:15 p.m. it's the Sharon Varsity Volleyball Team vs Norwood.
3. Do you ever have a question about the wildlife living in your backyard? The Mass Audubon can answer your questions. Feel free to Ask the Wildlife Expert! The Mass Audubon is one of the major open land stewards in New England and have a wealth of expertise about the wildlife of Massachusetts. Lots of hiking trails to explore too!
4. The Mass Audubon is accepting submissions for the upcoming winter 2013 show entitled, "Unexpected and Unique in Nature." Artists are invited to submit artwork based on concepts, ideas or reflections inspired by nature resulting in unique and/or unexpected artwork. Realistic or abstract, commanding or gentle, vivid or transparent: how do you express the intrigue, beauty, wonderment or any insights found in nature? Any medium is accepted. Deadline to Submit for this show: Dec. 1, 2012. Please contact Jan at email@example.com or any questions.
5. Quote of the Day: "I was in front of an ambulance the other day, and I noticed that the word ambulance was spelled in reverse print on the hood of the ambulance. And I thought, "Well, isn't that clever." I look in the rear view mirror and I can read the word ambulance behind me. Of course while you're reading, you don't see where you're going, you crash. You need an ambulance. I think they're trying to drum up some business on the way back from lunch."Jerry Seinfeld.