5 Things, Nov. 29: Get Ready for a SHS Super Bowl
Also today: Find out Sharon High School compared with the state's adjusted graduation rate for the 2010-2011 school year.
1. The Sharon High School Eagles beat Pembroke 7-6 Tuesday night to advance to their first MIAA Super Bowl in school history. The Eagles will be playing Wayland at Bentley University Saturday, Dec. 1, at 10 a.m.
2. Decorating your house for the holidays? Enter Patch's Deck the House Contest for a chance to win $100,000 for the Sharon school district and $500 to pay your electric bills!
3. Massachusetts had an adjusted graduation rate of 83 percent for the 2010-2011 school year, but Sharon High School's adjusted graduation rate that year was much higher at 98.1 percent.
4. As part of its "Child Find", Sharon schools will arrange for screening and evaluation of students ages 16 through 21 who have not graduated from high school and who are not now attending school, or children ages 3 through 21 who are unable to progress effectively in a regular education program due to a suspected disability consisting of a developmental delay or intellectual, sensory, neurological, emotional, autism, communication, physical, specific learning or health impairment or combination thereof.
5. Jenny Boston, a boutique store located at 479 Main St. in Medfield, will host a special benefit for Sharon High School on Thursday, Dec. 6 from 7-9 p.m.