Five Things for Friday, Nov 2: First Annual Blue Hills Brewery 5K Road Race
A three-day course in photographing wildlife is offered at the Mass Audubon.
1. It's Tot Time for the under 3-year-old's at the Sharon Public Library from 10:30-11 a.m. Location Cynthia B. Fox Community Room. Contact: Danielle Margarida 781-784-1578 ext. 1432. Then for the 4-5-year-olds there's Pre-K Storytime with a craft from 1:30-2:15 p.m. at the Sharon Public Library. This weeks theme is: Scarecrows. Pre-registration required. Contact: Danielle Margarida: 781-784-1578 ext. 1432.
2. A three-day class offered by the Mass Audubon Visual Arts Center, 963 Washington St. in Canton begins tonight from 7-9:30 p.m. on Photographing Birds and other Wildlife in Massachusetts. Fee: Adults $70 for members and $85 for non-members. Register online or call 781-821-8853 to register by phone. Class dates and times:
- Friday, Nov. 2, 7-9:30 p.m.
- Friday, Nov 9, 7-9:30 p.m.
- Friday, Nov 16, 7-9:30 p.m.
3. It's Owl Eve at the Trailside Museum on Saturday, Nov. 3. Explore all things owl as you stroll outside along candlelit paths around the museum's grounds to see owl themed skits performed by the Not Quite Nocturnal Players. Pre-registration is recommended. Admission: $8 per person, member or non-member.
4. Then on Saturday at 12 p.m., Nov. 3, it's the 1st Annual Blue Hills Brewery Halloween Fun Run. It's a 5K course which begins and ends at the brewery at 1020 Turnpike St. Commemorative t-shirt for all registered runners, and a post race party at BHB including two drink tickets and one food ticket. Beer and food for sale to all spectators during and post race. Contact: 781-821-2337 for more information.
5. Also on Nov 3, Friends of Borderland State Park offer a program, Turkey Trails & Deer Tales from 9-10 a.m. Meet at Visitor Center and enjoy an interactive slide show about two animals which are very active in the fall: the white tailed deer and the wild turkey. There will be hands on items to touch and then a short walk to look for any signs of these Borderland creatures. For all ages. Rain or shine.