5 Things Nov 12: Veterans Day Roundup in Sharon
Schools are closed today in honor of Veterans Day.
1. Sharon schools and the town's library are closed today. How about going to Borderland State Park for a stroll around the beautiful grounds. Take a walk or a hike along one of the many trails and take some photos.
2. Ice Skating has already started at the Iorio Ice Skating Rink, in Walpole. Public Skating is Monday through Friday, 11:20 a.m. - 12:20 p.m. Adults: $5. Children: $3. Public Hockey is Monday through Friday, 12:30-1:30 p.m. You must be 14 years old to play. Adults: $5. Children: $3.
3. You could challenge your inner athlete and go for a run around Lake Massapoag. You have all day so why not?
4. Ceramics a la Carte at the Village Shoppes in Cobbs Corner is a great place to discover the artist within or their staff will help you every step of the way. Paint a bowl, a box or decorate a functional platter. Great Chanukah, Christmas or holiday gifts. Cathy Walsh, owner, also hosts events for the adult crowd. Tonight it's Martini Monday at the Halfway Cafe. Come and paint your martini glass and enjoy complimentary appetizers at the Halfway Cafe. Registration is at Ceramics a la Carte by 4 p.m. (781) 828-6660.
5. On this day in 1955, recording artist Chuck Berry, popular for such hits as "Johnny B. Goode" and "Roll Over Beethoven" is named by a Billboard poll as the most promising R&B artist of the year.