5 Things, Dec. 4: Sharon Community Chamber Orchestra Concert
Enjoy an evening of classical music at Sharon Middle School, hosted by Musical Director Michael Korn.
1. The Sharon Community Chamber Orchestra will present its first concert of the season on today at 7:30 p.m. at Sharon Middle School. Musical Director Michael Korn will conduct this exciting program that will include Mendelssohn's The Hebrides (Fingal's Cave) Overture, Tchaikovsky's Variations on a Rococo Theme featuring guest cello soloist Kett Chuan Lee, and Haydn's Symphony No. 104 ("London"). The evening will also include Bach's Brandenburg Concerto No. 3 performed by orchestra members with guest musicians as well as the premier performance of the newly formed Sharon Community Youth Chamber Orchestra.
2. The Sharon High football team was greeted by an adoring crowd and police escort after their 12-3 Superbowl win over Wayland this past Saturday. Get the full roundup of news leading up to the Superbowl right here.
3. Decorating your house for the holidays? Enter Patch's Deck the House Contest for a chance to win $100,000 for the Sharon school district and $500 to pay your electric bills!
4. In that light, NSTAR has offered a handful of safety tips for those looking to decorate their homes this season.
5. Jenny Boston, a boutique store located at 479 Main St. in Medfield, will host a special benefit for Sharon High School on Thursday, Dec. 6 from 7-9 p.m.